Organically grown Purple Top Turnip sold in sets of 6 seedlings.
With turnips you get the best of both worlds – a tasty and flavorful root, and the delicious green tops.
The roots can be eaten fresh or cooked like potatoes: roasted, boiled or mashed. The roots are also a popular ingredient for making a hearty vegetable soup.
The Turnip greens are slightly sweet when young. They are even more nutritious than the roots and are considered one of best flavours in the greens category.
- Select a site that gets full Sun.
- Soil should be well-draining and loosened to a depth of 12 to 15 inches.
- Mix in a 2- to 4-inch layer of compost. Till soil well.
- Transplant seedlings withing 24 hours of receiving your seedlings and space the seedlings about 6 inches apart.
- Keep the beds weed free.
- Mulch heavily.
- Water at a rate of 1 inch per week to prevent the roots from becoming tough and bitter.
Information is for educational and informational purposes only and may not be construed as medical advice. The information is not intended to replace medical advice or treatment offered by healthcare professionals.