Organically grown Tall Utah Celery sold in sets of 6 Seedlings.
Celery is one of the most versatile vegetables in the garden, useful for its flavorful seeds and pale green leaves and stalks.
Tall Utah Celery is a great addition to tuna or egg salad. Stir fries are an excellent way to enjoy this vegetable, mixed with carrots, bell peppers, and onions, and teriyaki or orange sauce. It also adds an aromatic flavor to pot roast and vegetable soup.
Celery is a long-season crop that can be tricky to grow, some might say, the trickiest of all. It likes fertile soil, cool temperatures, and constant moisture. So if you struggle with getting celery to grow from seed, then its best to buy seedlings instead.
- Work organic fertilizer or compost into the soil prior to planting.
- Transplant seedlings withing 24 hours of receiving your seedlings and plant the seedlings about 12 inches apart
- Mulch and water directly after planting.
- Celery is a heavy feeder. It also requires lots of water. Make sure to provide plenty of water during the entire growing season, especially during hot, dry weather.
- If celery does not get enough water, the stalks will be dry, and small.
- Add plenty of compost and mulch around the plants to retain moisture.
- Fertilize regularly. Add mulch as needed, to help retain soil moisture and add nutrients.
- Tie growing celery stalks together to keep them from sprawling
Information is for educational and informational purposes only and may not be construed as medical advice. The information is not intended to replace medical advice or treatment offered by healthcare professionals.