Nelson Hybrid Grey Pumpkin Seeds. Nelson Hybrid Grey Pumpkin is a very early maturing semi-bush type, grey-skinned pumpkin hybrid with very good internal quality.
They have a shorter production cycle compared to vining types. Nelson Hybrid Grey Pumpkin plants are vigorous and each plant can be expected to produce about 1 – 2 fruits per plant. The flesh is thick, deep orange in colour and very firm. The fruit are medium sized (3 – 5 kg) and smooth. Due to Nelson’s internal quality and smooth surface, fruit are ideal for processing and may also be stored for up to 3 months under controlled conditions.
Warm season plantings produce the best results.
Growing Nelson Hybrid Grey Pumpkin
- When the soil temperature is at 18 C. you can plant your Nelson Hybrid Grey Pumpkin Seeds. Pumpkin seeds won’t germinate in cold soil.
- Mound the soil in the center of the chosen location up a bit to help the sun heat the pumpkin seeds.
- The warmer the soil, the faster the pumpkin seeds will germinate.
- In the mound, plant three to five pumpkin seeds about 2.5 cm deep.
- Once the pumpkin seeds germinate, select two of the healthiest and thin out the restRead more at Gardening Know How: Pumpkin Growing Tips: How To Grow Pumpkin Seeds For Your Garden https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/pumpkin/pumpkin-growing.htm
Information is for educational and informational purposes only and may not be construed as medical advice. The information is not intended to replace medical advice or treatment offered by healthcare professionals.