Oregon Sugar Pod LI Pea is a popular snow pea. Its productive vines have string-less, edible pods and it’s tolerant of short hot spells. This pea is great for freezing, for eating fresh, or for adding to stir-fries and salads. Flat, smooth, 10 cm pods with mildly flavored peas on productive 60 to 75 cm vines. Resistant to Fusarium Wilt, Pea Enation Mosaic Virus, Pea Streak. Superb for freezing. Trellis for easy harvest.
Growing Oregon Sugar Pod Ll Pea
- Garden peas are climbing plants and for best productivity and ease of harvest they should be grown on a short trellis.
- Best grown in full sun but can also cope with very light shade.
- Sow pea seeds 2.5cm deep and space seeds 6cm apart to form a vigorous wall of pea plants.
- Plant directly where they are to grow as peas can suffer from transplant shock.
- Water once and don’t water again until the seedlings emerge to reduce the chance of the pea seeds rotting in the soil.
- Germination takes 9 – 14 days.
- Harvest 12 – 14 weeks after sowing.
Information is for educational and informational purposes only and may not be construed as medical advice. The information is not intended to replace medical advice or treatment offered by healthcare professionals.