Gem Squash Seeds.
Growing Gem Squash
- The best time to plants Gem Squash is when the soils start warming in the spring and the frosts have passed.
- Squash perform at their best in a deeply dug bed that has had plenty of comarticle and well-rotted manure turned into it.
- Plant the Gem Squash Seeds in stations of about 450mm in diameter and grow 3 to 5 seed per planting station.
- Keep the soil constantly moist until the seedlings are established, and then water deeply whenever the soil starts to dry out. If possible, water by flood irrigation as this reduces the chances of fungal attack.
- Feeding the plants with a balanced fertilizer or liquid manure every few weeks will give you the best results.
- Because of their trailing habit, most varieties can be trained up trellises to help conserve space.
- When the fruit gets bigger, give it some support so that it does not snap off prematurely.
- You can look forward to picking your first fruit in as little as three months.
Information is for educational and informational purposes only and may not be construed as medical advice. The information is not intended to replace medical advice or treatment offered by healthcare professionals.