Aquadulce Broad Beans is highly prolific and easy to grow, and one of the most delicious in terms of flavor and texture. It is also known as Aquadulce Claudia. An old favorite and one of the best for autumn sowing. It is a white seeded variety with pods up to 23cm long, crops in 90 days with a height of 90 to 100cm. Beans are used fresh or dried. Young beans can be eaten raw in salads,and mature beans are cooked as a vegetable. Broad beans are also known as Fava beans.
Growing Aquadulce Broad Beans
- Grow your broad beans in full sun on rich, fertile, well-manured soil.
- Choose a sheltered spot, and position away from strong winds.
- Sow broad beans directly into the ground in early spring or late autumn.
- Sow your broad bean seeds in double rows, 23cm apart. Stagger the seeds along each set of double rows to make the most of the space.
- Broad bean seeds should be planted at a depth of 5cm deep and a distance of 23cm apart within each row.
- Water well once planted.
- Germination usually takes around 10 days.
- Broad beans can easily be grown in containers.
Information is for educational and informational purposes only and may not be construed as medical advice. The information is not intended to replace medical advice or treatment offered by healthcare professionals.