White Emergo Runner Beans, is also known as ‘Sweet White’ runner beans. The vigorous vines with delicate white flowers, produce prolific yields of long, slender pods.
The beans are tasty when the pods are picked young and tender. They are full of flavor and are fleshy with a fine texture. Pick them regularly to ensure a continuous crop. Left to mature on the vines, the seeds are large, white, and also excellent when used as a dry bean. Copes well even under adverse weather conditions.
Growing White Emergo Runner Beans
- Make a stable construction on which the plants can climb.
- Runner beans are usually sowed with multiple seeds at one pole.
- Because of the strong growth it is best to sow two or three seeds per pole.
- Mulch between rows to conserve water – and reduce weeds.
- On hot days, prevent vegetables from wilting by watering early in the morning, and if necessary again in the late afternoon.
- Beans mature quickly and are ready to harvest 8 to 10 weeks after planting.
- Sow at regular intervals to prolong the harvest.
Information is for educational and informational purposes only and may not be construed as medical advice. The information is not intended to replace medical advice or treatment offered by healthcare professionals.