White Snowball Cauliflower is an early maturing, snow white cauliflower that is suitable for spring and autumn sowing. Crisp, tender and compact white heads growing to 15cm. Excellent flavor. Good variety for warmer climates. Early maturing.
This easy maintenance variety is very suitable for the home gardener, the compact plants can be set closer than others. Vigorous, early and reliable, the plants mature uniformly and have good leaf coverage.
With a mild flavor, Snowball is an excellent keeper and suitable for eating either fresh in salads and snacks, or for use cooked: soups, steaming or stir-frying. It is also good for canning and freezing.
Growing White Snowball Cauliflower
- Cauliflower is best started indoors and transplanted, but can also be direct sown (Direct seed when temperatures are reliably above 10°C).
- Start spring crops 6 weeks before the last frost date, and transplant out 2-3 weeks before the last frost date.
- Start autumn crops 12 weeks before the first autumn frost and transplant out 9 weeks before the first frost.
- To start seedlings indoors, fill starter trays with a sterile seed starting mix. Plant 2 seeds per cell, ¼ inch deep.
- Optimal soil temperature: 10-30°C .
- Seeds should germinate in 7-10 days.
- Harden-off seedlings for 5–7 days prior to transplanting.
- Transplant 3-4 week old seedlings outside in a fertile garden bed 12–18 inches apart, allowing 18–24 inches between rows. Be careful not to disturb the roots when transplanting.
Information is for educational and informational purposes only and may not be construed as medical advice. The information is not intended to replace medical advice or treatment offered by healthcare professionals.